Monday, December 12, 2005

So Childe Harold to the dark tower came.

Gotham Boy: Are you sure you want kids?
The Protagonist: Yes and no. I do, to be frightfully honest, want a child to give everything to. No one knows that I've got a shelf in my library with books for their future room. I'm a little afraid that I'll never be quite ready though, to relinquish enough of myself to give to another. I'm a little afraid of repeating other mistakes I grew up with. They demand so much and would I resent that?
The Protagonist: I'm not ready now, perhaps in four, five years. The idea left me pretty shaken, though I didn't realize it at first. There's a rule. I've got a rule for everything. Not until I'm married and able to provide for them.
The Protagonist: It's a bit of buying time.

Thanks for the conversation, twit, you provided me a much-needed avenue to think. I'm off to read Pratchett's "Soul Music" until sleep reclaims me.

No comments:

Post a Comment